Hey athletes! With the draft concluded teams can now start training camp soon. Yes, this is probably a bit early but I have some predictions for the new season! With the talented rookie class and even more talented free agent market this season should be a great one! Although, new tax rules say if you go over the salary cap limit, you will have too pay a heavy fine so teams that go all out to keep their teams together will have to pay even more.
1) Miami Heat- this hurts me more than your retnas reading it but they have Juwan Howard, how do you compete with that.
2) Chicago Bulls- this is tough because they will lose Derrick Rose for about half the season.
3) Indiana Pacers- they showed they can hang with the elites, look for big things from them.
4) Orlando Magic- Now, this is with Howard, with out him I drop them to out of playoffs.
5) Philadelphia 76ers- they are trying to move Iguodala which would get them a little bit younger.
6) Milwaukee Bucks- with the addition of Monta Ellis he can give the Bucks what they need to get this high.
7) Boston Celtics- they are old. Ray Allen could be departing I think they will make a trade mid-season.
8) Detroit Pistons- look for the big man Greg Monroe to go for 20 and 10 next year!
9) Atlanta Hawks- they were the oldest team in the NBA and they could lose Josh Smith, they are on the downfall.
10) Cleveland Cavaliers- With Kyrie Irving and that young lineup they will start off strong, then fall off big time.
11) New York Knicks- Carmelo can’t work with Amare’ so one of them has to go,,, Amare’, stronger trade market for a big man.
12) Washington Wizards- John Wall now has a man to open the lane for him, but the Wizards need a little longer.
13) Brooklyn Nets- If Deron Williams stays all season, they might mve up into the 10 or 11 slot.
14) Toronto Raptors- They aren’t the most graceful of teams, and they honestly won’t get it done this year.
15) Charlotte Bobcats- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is good, don’t get me wrong, but not turnaround worst team in history good.
1) Oklahoma City Thunder- the new tax rule means tey might not be able to bring back Harden, but the Thunder will prevail.
2) San Antonio Spurs- they showed alot of heart last season, they may be old, but are one of the elites.
3) Memphis Grizzlies- towards the end of the season the Grizzlies really turned it on. Look for it to click for them.
4) Dallas Mavericks- they had a bad year. But this time they don’t have a championship title weighing them down
5 ) L.A. Clippers- Chris Paul will get his usuall 16-19 PPG and 10+ assists
6L.A. Lakers- they will fold under pressure, Gasol will be traded, Bynum will shoot threes, madness….
7 Houston Rockets- The time for them has come. Probably the best draft picks possible and they made good use of them
8) Portland Trail Blazers- They will make it. Getting Lillard helped them immensely at the PG spot, just resign Hickson already Portland!
9) Phoenix Suns- If they lose Nash drop them down 3 spots..
10) Minnesota Timberwolves- Kevin Love is the only guy that can carry them when they need it, they need another year.
11) Denver Nuggets- I love Ty Lawson, but he needs a better supporting cast.
12) Utah Jazz- how they made it in with Houston playing well, I don’t know. Although Paul Millsap is beast.
13) Golden State Warriors- getting Draymond Green helped so much, but he’s not the answer to their problems (answer- Big Man) .
14) Sacremento Kings- Thomas Robinson can help greatly but losing Tyreke Evans possibly is too much.
15) New Orleans Hornets- Drafting Davis and Rivers will help some, but not enough to get out of the cellar